KATLAS Technology Ltd established in 2019 to bring the benefits of decentralised automation to industry. We offer the hardware and downloadable software accessible online as blockchain-in-a-box (BIAB).
Blockchain-in-a-box (£350 for 3mnth trial)
- Small computer – raspberry pi,
- Wearable Bluetooth device – watch to capture vital signs
- Mobile application (currently Android only).
- Supporting documentation and a regulatory template
- Starter software for configurable user journey
An incubation sandbox to explore tokenised projects whereby transactions between entities can be recorded at a place in time, stored and shared across the network using open APIs and SLAs between consenting devices.
Data engines analyse data freely shared across a thin layer of blockchain secured distributed ledger for surety of data, increasing data literacy, accelerating the development of AI applications and enabling explainable AI.
KATLAS licence the wallets and protocols that inform transactional functionality across the network. These wallets are designed to communicate across the KATLAS Blockchain and are readily purposed to interoperate with other blockchain networks. KATLAS builds the functional protocols, Software Development Kits (SDKs) and provides the documentation support and consultancy which make ‘KATLAS’ the foremost technology stack (platform solution) for operating distributed applications.
KATLAS functional capability
- Storage: Data is not stored on the blockchain, but is stored at the discretion of the client, on cloud or on-premise, and is necessarily only stored once but accessible to all, with permission at the unit (granular) level.
- Sustainability: The software on a chip (SOC) runs on very small and inexpensive hardware such as a Raspberry Pi, to offer a cleaner and greener platform than present cloud architecture with more efficient workflows, thus reducing data warehousing.
- Security: is quantum secure, ensuring data remains private and cannot be changed without audit.
- Scalability: designed to work flexibly with external systems in a hybrid blockchain giving organisations complete flexibility in how they want to organise their data.
- Performance: designed to process high volume and high velocity transactions, at the speed of visa.
- Data Control: GDPR compliance with no need for 3rd party custody of sensitive data. Tamperproof – saving time, money and reputation.
- Governance: Enabling wallet owners to control T&Cs for access to their network by certifying HR and procurement.
- Public/ Private Interoperability: Less steps to complete workflows and enhance AI adoption. Negates duplication and double spend.
- Anonymity: The blockchain uses a pseudonymous identity with credentials verified through a third-party identification service. In combination with steps taken to ensure differential privacy, this leads to a high degree of privacy protection for the individual.
- Marketplace: Ability to pay-as-go and settle complex multi-stakeholder transactions with finality.
- Highly scalable: Beyond the immediate functionality the host network can scale without limitation and is designed to interoperate with multiple service providers and legacy systems.
- Reporting: KPI monitoring is flexible and real-time, with the consent of that data owner and without the need for data lakes; vulnerable to attack or superadministrator abuse or error. Trust across the supply chain is raised and disputes less frequent, without the need for litigation
Use Case – Patient Journey
KATLAS Health is a decentralised system to orchestrate a complete patient journey. KATLAS created 4 particular R2R (role-to-role) protocols that enable patients and other healthcare ‘actors’ to access and transact as necessary. The primary ‘actor’ (the Patient) plays a centric role in a typical series of journeys: An interaction with a GP (General Practitioner), an interaction with an AI Diagnostics device, an interaction with a Medical specialist; and a pharmacy. All clinicians can access a single patient summary record with dynamic patient consent on an integrated network system. Data booking systems are unique and intelligent, supported by real-time data analytics, to avoid any chance of double or conflicts in the patient journey.
Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
KATLAS HEALTH is a system to orchestrate a complete patient journey.
KATLAS created 4 particular R2R (role-to-role) protocols that enable patients and other healthcare ‘actors’ to access and transact as necessary. The primary ‘actor’ (the Patient) plays
- An interaction with a GP (General Practitioner)
- An interaction with an AI Diagnostics device
- An interaction with a Medical specialist
- A tokenised interaction with a pharmacy
This Proof of Concept was delivered via a mobile phone/tablet app interface but can also be delivered via a web-browser or other suitable user interface.
Initial R&D was carried out with Clinica Arvila Magna, Barcelona for the integration with online AI Diagnostic devices (for screening and diagnosis of asymptomatic cardiovascular and respiratory conditions.